Department of Philosophy
Office, Bowden Hall 111
561 S. Kilgo Circle
Atlanta, GA 30322
- BA, Santa Clara University
- MA, Boston College
PhD, Stony Brook University
Philosophy of Psychiatry, Feminist Theory, Phenomenology, Feminist Bioethics, American Pragmatism
- French Feminists: Critical Evaluations in Cultural Theory. 4 volumes. (London: Routledge, 2008).
- Continental Feminist Reader. (Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 2003)
- Feminist Approaches to Psychiatric Ethics: A Special Issue for International Journal of Feminist Approaches to Bioethics (2011)
Articles, chapters, and reviews published in:
- Cosmopolitanism and Place (Bloomington,
- The Oxford Handbook of Psychiatric Ethics (Oxford, OUP, 2015)
- The Philosophy of Psychiatry: A Companion (Oxford, OUP, 2004)
- Dewey Studies
- Philosophy, Psychiatry, and Psychology
- International Journal of Feminist Approach to Bioethics
- Current Opinion in Psychiatry
- Journal of Speculative Philosophy
- Philosophy and Literature
- Studies in Practical Philosophy
Fellowships and Honors
Luther W. and Bernice L. Thompson Distinguished Teaching Award. Gettysburg College, 2005.
President’s Award to Distinguished Doctoral Students. Stony Brook University, May 1999.
M.A. in Philosophy with distinction. Boston College, 1994.